I have a checklist that I’m trying to adhere to in this time of uncertainty, maybe some of my tips will help you.
My COVID-19 staying at home checklist:
- In the morning – wake up, give thanks
- Spend a little time being quiet – devotions, reading, prayer
- Move a little – I can stretch, do Pilates, even lift weights at home. I don’t need a gym to move.
- Check on family and friends, reach out – a note, text, calls later in the day
- Work – I’m most effective in the morning so I tackle the more challenging tasks first.
- Check reliable media to see if there is a useful update on the virus. I need to be informed, but not overwhelmed.
- Write or do research for my writing
- In the evening – Wind down, perhaps read, get several hours of sleep so I can do it again the next day
During the day, I try to eat simple, healthy meals (soups are filling and making them is relaxing for me) and drink plenty of water. I also am intentional about stopping during the day to check in on how I’m feeling—restless, tired, energetic, stressed, calm, grateful, etc. I realized getting a good night’s sleep was essential to being ready to go in the morning, and sleep is also important for a strong immune system and overall health. I hope to incorporate more time outdoors now that the weather is getting warmer, even if it means climbing the small hill in the backyard.
Stay safe, take care of your health. What are you doing to stay healthy in these stressful times?